Wednesday, February 8, 2023

“Long Live the King”


There can be great dignity in frailty, and the aging [King Arthur] stands before his people and announces that the time has come to relinquish the powers of the crown.

“When she reaches her maturity, my granddaughter Ingrid, child of Maeve and Arn, shall rule in Camelot as queen. Ingrid unites the blood of two great houses – the House of Thule and my own House of Pendragon. Until then, Prince Valiant and Queen Aleta of the Misty Isles shall act as a regency council. And I? I shall spend the time that is left tending my gardens and reading my books.”

Tears roll down a thousand faces, and a thousand voices cry as one: “Long live the King!”


Art: Gary Gianni (from page 3513, June 6, 2004).
Text: Mark Schultz.

See also the previous posts:
Arthur Pendragon, High King of Britain
An Audience with King Arthur and Queen Guinevere
Arthur and Launcelot
“The King Is But a Man”
Mistress of the Hounds
“I Dare You to Learn My Secret”
The Ring
Maeve, Woman of Mystery
Prince Arn, Regent of Camelot

No comments:

Post a Comment