Monday, October 29, 2012

Lydia


Prince Valiant's eldest son Arn and his first love Lydia.


See also the previous post: Halcyon Days.

Art: Hal Foster and John Cullen Murphy (from installment #2177, October 29, 1978). At this point in Prince Valiant's run, John Cullen Murphy, who had been quietly assisting Hal Foster since 1970, was well into his first decade of drawing the strip over Foster's writing and roughs.
Source: Prince Valiant (Vol. 49): Road to Sorrow's End, comprising pages, or installments, 2168 (August 27, 1978) through 2211 (June 24, 1979). Fantagraphics Books, 2003.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings; Thank you for providing another interesting Prince Valiant blog. I've been busy with my FLASH GORDON collecting but hope to give the PRINCE his due as soon as possible. I found your post while looking up the character of Lydia. Images on line showed her going over a cliff with her horse. I'm hoping this isn't a "Bonanza" moment where romance ends rather badly. If I may inquire, does Lydia survive or is she indeed gone?
    Thank you
    Bruce Gilbert skybluerobins@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Bruce! Sadly, Lydia is indeed gone.

    I'm curious: You referred to "A Prince Named Valiant" as "another Prince Valiant blog." I wasn't aware of any other blogs dedicated to Prince Valiant. If there are indeed others out there, could you direct me to them? Thanks!

    Peace,

    Michael

    ReplyDelete